Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fiesta Fun ~

Today I'm sharing photos of a few pieces of my sister's collection of Fiesta dinnerware. One of the things we both love about Fiestaware (aside from the scrumptious colors!) is that it's made right here in the U.S.A.  Manufactured and distributed by the Homer Laughlin Company, located in Newell, West Virginia, Fiesta dinnerware dates to the 1930s. It's still manufactured today and collectors abound, of both the vintage pieces and new. My sister has a mix of both. I love her turquoise wall that makes the colors really pop!






According to the Smithsonian Institution Press, "Fiesta's appeal lies in its bright colors, modern design, and affordability."  The design is Art Deco (love!) and approximately 50 items are available in many different colors. Some colors are manufactured in limited runs, as other colors are added.  For more information, including a list of all the colors and the years they were in production, plus where to purchase Fiesta dinnerware, visit the Homer Laughlin Company website HERE.

Fiesta dinnerware plates photo courtesy: Wikipedia

Until next time, have a colorful Friday!

9 comments:

Cottage and Broome said...

Love your sister's Fiesta collection, she has some nice vintage pieces. I collect Fiesta too but mine is new. Thanks for stopping, Laura Cottage and Broome

Unknown said...

Amazing collection...love it

Visiting from 2805
Rasha @ mychampagnetaste

Anonymous said...

You know, I've often thought I'd like to collect Fiestaware - but just couldn't pluck up the will to completely re-do my whole kitchen/dining design. Don't have the room to store so much variety. I just like too many things! Perhaps I'll break down and do it anyway - your display here is very tempting . . .
Joy!
Kathy

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I've always loved the bright bold Fiestaware colors. Your sister has a beautiful collection, thanks so much for sharing it with us. It's funny, but doesn't food taste better when served on pretty plates?

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Cindy
Those colours are mouth watering. Thank you for sharing and thank you for visiting my Blog.
Happy Pink Saturday
Lynne

Lynne Moncrieff said...

Hi Cindy
Just to say I am your latest Follower :)
Wishes
Lynne

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Cindy,
Your sister has a very nice collection. Pink and turqoise are two of my favourite colours. Thanks for sharing and for visiting today. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Brenda said...

I love all of those colors too. I didn't realize Fiesta was art deco.

Anonymous said...

Your sister's collection is beautiful, and yes, I love the way the turquoise wall makes her cabinet and collectionn stand out. I have often thought of picking up some Fiestaware but don't have the room for another collection. I always admire the new pieces in Kohls and the vintage pieces when I visit antique and vintage stores. I love the pink and turquoise shades together.

Sandy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...